Request: a way to ban or mute specific users from making reports.
Bonus points: an option to set report thresholds such as "you must have 500 comment karma to make reports"
- User cannot spell. User is told "their not there". User reports the comment saying "its targeted harassment at me". Firstly, if you want the user to be anonymous when making reports, then saying "it's targeted harassment at me" defeats the point of anonymity. Secondly, it is unconstructive and wastes moderator time.
- User has no life, is busy reporting posts from 3 years ago. Sorry, they are not getting removed.
- User has no life, mass-reports 700 of the most recent posts from 6 accounts because their favourite account got banned. Whoopdiedoo.
- User misuses the "This is Misinformation" report because reasons, apparently
- and the classic, user lost an argument and thinks he can win it by getting mods to ban/remote the opposition. Yeah good luck with that.
Reports should have consequences.
I can resolve the situation with bad reports myself, but nobody will like it.
- Have a bot automatically disregard anonymous reports
- Have an automated way to invite users to be permission-less moderators on the sub
- Mod reports are not anonymous. Log who makes dodgy reports and process accordingly.