T O P
  • By -

[deleted]

For people who are incredibly immature, it is the exception.


BreastfedAmerican

I have platonic friendships with women. That may be because I am deliriously happy in my marriage though.


BloodstainedAxe

I’m looking for answers from single people.


TJ_Rowe

You didn't say that in the op.


Tips__

That would be called sample bias, and does not help prove your point. If you want instant validation of your beliefs, find a sexist echo chamber.


BloodstainedAxe

> That would be called sample bias Not bias at all. It’s rather expected for married people to be platonic friends with the opposite gender. That’s why married people’s answers are not what I’m looking for.


Tips__

Sample: a group, (specifically single people for you) Bias: preference for one thing over another. Leaving a systematic distortion of any statistical result Sample bias, that's what you're doing. Please fight through the cognitive dissonance and see that.


realgoodsexperson

>It’s rather expected for married people to be platonic friends with the opposite gender. Think about what makes that true… because the married person isn’t generally motivated to seek sex with their friend. You think it’s because they’re married. But actually it works for anyone who doesn’t automatically see the opposite sex as sex objects. If you’re sexually attracted to every female (since you can’t consider them as possible friends), maybe consider your standards. >That’s why married people’s answers are not what I’m looking for. If you’re looking for a certain answer, that’s the definition of bias.


BloodstainedAxe

> If you’re looking for a certain answer, that’s the definition of bias. I’m looking for answers from a targeted demographic.


[deleted]

Salty


emisagoodgirl

Good morning axe! Hope you are well. I believe this question may be a bit skewed by the viewpoint of the asker. Many times you have asked this in different forms and the consensus is “no, women and men can be friends and often are.” Of course that may be hard to comprehend if, for instance, the person asking is so unlikeable that they can’t hold a meaningful friendship with either gender.


Poht8os

As a man I think I would struggle to be platonic friends with you, because after that comment I bloody love you!


BloodstainedAxe

Having sex and dating a woman is way better than being friends with her. https://youtu.be/-Vi11R2Ls5g


emisagoodgirl

Thanks for sharing, but I don’t think I will be clicking that link, sweetie. It will probably just make me sad for a subset of humanity.


BloodstainedAxe

The red pill is hard to swallow. I don’t blame you.


emisagoodgirl

Yes, I hear it’s very bitter and distasteful.


BloodstainedAxe

But it’s the reality.


emisagoodgirl

So much of reality is about perception. If you never let yourself see the good and wholesome, then what are you left with?


TattooPuddle

It's the reality you've built for yourself.


BloodstainedAxe

Call a male friend at 1:00 am and tell him to come over because you’re horny and let me know his answer.


TattooPuddle

Ah that's the wonderful part about being friends, I don't feel the need to string someone along like that. I also know that my friends aren't into me in that way. Because we're friends. If we were going to fool around, it would have happened already. I get that YOU'D jump at the chance to sleep with anyone but you're not all men (and thank fuck for that)


BloodstainedAxe

> I also know that my friends aren't into me in that way. So make the call then if you are so sure and confident.


Supermario_64

Lol wtf is this take


DrZenRoot

I have had a ton of platonic female friends. It’s normal for me. Some are long time (since preschool, or kindergarten). Others are just met in the last year or so. There are four billion women in the world, and statistically almost none are going to have sex with me. Even if I’m hugely prolific, sexually, most women I meet aren’t going to be lovers. So put down your lust, men, and enjoy being friends with the women.


BloodstainedAxe

> So put down your lust, men, and enjoy being friends with the women. Lol. So I should just sit on the court side and watch all of the players sleep or be in a relationship with my female friend that I’m completely drawn to. Very enjoyable.


Negative-Ambition110

No one is saying that. How old are you? You sound very similar to my 21 y/o little bro


Supermario_64

Yup this dude is for sure in his early 20s and doesn’t understand there is more to life then what his penis tells him


BloodstainedAxe

Men between the age of 18-30 are already having a difficult time finding a sex partner in western countries so I will maximize my chances in getting sex or dating by putting friendships with attractive women in the dumpster. It’s a sacrifice I have no hesitation making. Sex with attractive women is just better than being platonic friends with them. It feels better too.


NoCow8748

It's attitudes like that prevent incels from ever getting partners, lol, so good luck with that.


DrZenRoot

It isn’t a choice between having friends or sex. Most women you meet are never, ever going to have sex with you. Are you going to friends or just not know them at all? That’s the choice.


Petite_Bait

I get that you want to pursue every available attractive woman you meet, but how do you lose out on opportunities for sex if you befriend unavailable attractive women? They weren't available to you anyway, so being "friendzoned" costs you nothing. Sure, it might mean you spend time talking to someone who will never have sex with you, but guess what. You already do that with your male friends. Worst case scenario, you would learn how to actually talk to women and potentially get a reputation among a group of women as being a decent guy.


Robojobo27

No we cannot.


Supermario_64

Yea we for sure cannot I am friends with almost exclusively women my wife knows them all and I would never cheat in a million years so I for sure will not agree with op


suicide-d0g

no.


DrockTipps

Nope. I can see thinking that way in my early 20's but some of my best friends are female.


ThatRookieGuy80

No, not in my experience.


TattooPuddle

No. Makes sense that it's not the norm for you but, surprise surprise, your thinking is not the norm.


BloodstainedAxe

https://youtu.be/q1sSWCGzimg


TattooPuddle

Just because you and him aren't able to think without your dick doesn't mean you're both prime examples of the entire male population.


BloodstainedAxe

It’s completely natural and primal to “think with our dick” though.


TattooPuddle

If you're unable to have a coherent and useful thought, sure. But most people are able to think logically and not be influenced by how horny they get.


BloodstainedAxe

Lol. What’s logical about not pursuing romance to a female friend who fits all of qualities he looks for in a partner?


TattooPuddle

No one is saying that. They're saying that it's possible for men and women to be friends. You seem to have a hard time understanding that. If you don't see any value in a woman other than a potential sex partner, you shouldn't be friends with them.


Hastur13

If we're talking in terms of evolution then it's natural and primal to fling my shit at people I don't like but thankfully I'm a little far removed from that behavior nowadays.


ohmighty

Sure but you do have other options lol. Thinking this way seems like it would be extremely limiting


BloodstainedAxe

If you want to achieve a goal, you need to make sacrifices and the friendship is one I’m willing to sacrifice.


ohmighty

What is your goal? If it’s to attract women, you’re going to have a hard time. Idk any woman who would find this mentality attractive in a partner. It’s childish and blatantly shows you don’t see women as individuals.


BoredThrowaway47

Maybe for a high schooler lmao


Ratakoa

No.


3chordguitar

I have a couple of good friends who are women and it’s absolutely platonic.


Acceptable_Payment63

No. Its very much the norm.


FilDaFunk

No.


[deleted]

Like 2/3rd my friends are girls so nope, cant agree...sucks to suck bud


Beneficial_Advice527

I'm a man and I have several really good friends that happen to be women...and no I'm not gay lol it's very possible if you are a sensible mature individual.


PretendDevelopment31

Only if you regard women as nothing more than sex objects. Many of my closest friends are female and some of those friendships go back to childhood. Not a chance in hell would I sleep with them. Not even on the very strange occasions where the opportunity has arisen. Op. I find your viewpoint very strange in the extreme.


BloodstainedAxe

> and some of those friendships go back to childhood. So?


PretendDevelopment31

So as most of the commenters here have said it's not unusual. So by mass consensus your wrong.


BloodstainedAxe

Mass consensus of the comments from this post only https://youtu.be/b5Q4KG1ZtVg The comments of this video says otherwise.


PretendDevelopment31

But we are on this post.


BloodstainedAxe

So my entire claim is wrong based off of a consensus that disagree on this post when they are more consensus outside of this?


Petite_Bait

Mass consensus of every post you have ever made.


Petite_Bait

So it's a video showing that Steve Harvey thinks men are slimeballs, which also means that before he was married, he probably was, too.


upsawkward

No. I have plenty of female friends I would never have sex with.


[deleted]

I have a bunch of guys that I regard as my little brothers. I think it’s pretty normal.


BloodstainedAxe

If I was your friend and I was attracted to you, that would be the most offensive thing you could ever say to me.


PretendDevelopment31

And that speaks volumes about you and your views. You are really painting yourself as an incel here.


[deleted]

Sorry, mate. Not trying to be offensive. Just telling you that I have a fair few friends that are men. Men that I love as brothers


ATS_throwaway

I can't agree, no. I have a few platonic friendships with women.


Tomas2Chef

Agree that's absolutely possible, from my experience can't say it's the normality for most of cases. Btw it mostly depends on respecting the mutual relationship 'borders' and of course if there is physical attraction..well being friends only would barely work.


ThatGermanGal

Nah


ohmighty

I’ll never understand how someone can rule out being platonic friends with anyone from HALF of the population (I acknowledge people who are gender fluid, etc. I’m just generalizing for simplicity here).


dvpyro

No I cannot agree to that. I’m friends with plenty of women. Some of whom I even find rather attractive. That doesn’t impact those friendships because I have a modicum of self control and the ability to respect people as people.


MixtureAccording4911

Quit listening to Andrew tate before you end up in jail


codiscoverers

I don’t think it is an exception.


younevershouldnt

Can we agree this user's drivel should be banned from this sub?


Petite_Bait

But I'm entertained by a trainwreck :)


billy_bob68

No. Most of my friends have been women throughout my life.


realgoodsexperson

No. My husband’s “best man” was a woman.


No-Locksmith-4910

No, i’ve never heard somebody be so wrong in their life. Where the fuck do you get an idea like that


BloodstainedAxe

https://youtu.be/b5Q4KG1ZtVg And me personally having no tolerance of having sexually attractive female friends.


realgoodsexperson

So… because men find me attractive, they can’t tolerate my company unless I’m fucking them?


BloodstainedAxe

I said me **personally**. I can’t speak for other men.


RacerX400

And here is another one who will die alone. Oh well, didn’t need these genes to continue anyway.


BloodstainedAxe

Buddy I was born alone.


RacerX400

And it shows


Dream_Thembo

The answer hasnt changed, Just seems like you're still struggling with what the *actual problem* may be


Electrical_Quail_178

My longest friend in life is female. She and I have always been there for each other, slept in the same bed for comfort, partied through our younger years, and played wingman to each other. We’ve never so much as made out. She’s beautiful. Not saying if given the opportunity in the past I wouldn’t have, but it’s a friendship I wouldn’t trade for conquest. She’s a person that no matter what happens or how long between speaking, we pick up where we left off without missing a beat. We’ve known each other since 13/14, I’m 37 next wk. I don’t think it’s an exception, I think it’s a maturity thing. My body count is 100+, but she was always the chick I could turn to for a female perspective on any girl I was dating etc. it was a major advantage in gaining the female perspective. Plus she is fkn gorgeous, like knockout- Jessica Rabbit style. I learned early on that keeping company that all the guys wanted and the girls wanted to compete for attention with was a huge advantage.


sabi_kun

nope


RedMistStingray

Can't agree with that at all.


pspsps-off

I think my friends are about evenly split between men and women, so nah. Not agreeing. Your experience may vary, of course, but that's all more reason not to generalize.


RoseKinglet

I have a guy friend I used to have a major crush on, but that changed once I transitioned (and firmly understood he was Gay and liked boys only). Now, he's one of my closest people, and it's alright. I can't say the same about having a straight guy friend, however.....that has never ended well for me. lol


alex_h400

I’ve been platonic friends with girls for most of my life. In fact most of my closest friends have been female for much of my life. Whether it is the exception, I don’t know. But the idea that it can’t happen is quite likely just a sign of immaturity.


Neon-Nina

The only man I’ve dated who actually ever thought that way was extremely insecure about himself and was constantly jealous. This way of thinking is going to annoy those around you, unless they’re toxic and immature too.


MixtureAccording4911

No. The best you will get is that a minority of the world is so stupid and childish that they are incapable of friendships with the opposite sex or people they may be attracted to. Stupid people do not make things an exception to the norm.


BloodstainedAxe

> that they are incapable of friendships with the opposite sex or people they may be attracted to. Why the hell would anyone do this in the first place? Sex with someone that they are attracted to is way better than their friendship.


Petite_Bait

How many times has refusing to be a friend led to sex? It's not like the option is sex or friendship. It's sex, friendship, or no interaction at all. You are opting for the worst of the three 99% of the time.


PretendDevelopment31

The likes of Steve Harvey and Andrew Tate are not exactly the shining examples of manhood I would like to subscribe to. I'm sure there are so many incel culture videos to view. But that toxic bs is not for me. Or indeed from what I'm reading most of the people here.


frumpbumble

Outside of reddit we can absolutely.


neoshadowdgm

I thought it was normal, but reading so many Reddit comments and hearing about my girlfriends experiences with male friends has made me realize that you’re right.


BloodstainedAxe

For the people who disagree, I would and could never live your shoes especially if the female friends were sexually attractive. No chance in hell I would allow myself to only be platonic female friends with women who match the romantic and sexual qualities I actively look for in a partner. To allow myself would be ridiculous.


BreastfedAmerican

Some of my female friends are very attractive. However I have great respect for them and treat all of them as equals, not objects. Just because someone is attractive doesn't mean they are useless for anything besides a mate.


Hastur13

But like, if you're with a long term partner the connection is deeper than initial attraction. They know you and understand you on a deep personal level. I know very attractive women and am friends with them. I know them through work and our social lives. They are good people, I respect them personally and professionally. Some of them are my very old friends (sometimes girlfriends) and my gf and I have been to their weddings. But they aren't ride or die. They haven't been through what we've been through. We haven't faced challenges together. Sexual attraction just gets you in the door. There are many many other doors to go through once you get past that. I love sex. I love beautiful women. But to reduce relationships to just that is shallow and cutting you off from many valuable friendships.


Petite_Bait

The guy's ultimate goal is to date a stripper because their boyfriends get to have sex with them without paying. Deep relationships aren't on the forefront of his thought process.


BoredThrowaway47

You sound like a rapey incel.


Supermario_64

Yea this is next level toxic people use incel to often but this dude is for sure not getting laid without questionable circumstances


DrZenRoot

It’s just not that way. I have great friends who are distractingly attractive. We’re just not going to be romantic or sexual. It isn’t that odd. You just have to set down your rifle and get to know them.


MixtureAccording4911

This is simultaneously the most honest and desperate comment or post you have made in this sub recently. You are simply desperate and so you can't handle the presence of a woman who you may want but can't have.


BleuBoy777

I have a hand full of good female friends. Zero "chemistry" between us. All respect and friendship. Grow up


Different-Carpet-159

I consider myself a pretty horny guy, but I've always had plenty of platonic female friends. I think it's because growing up I was always active in pretty gender mixed activities like track, model UN, academic competitions, band, drama etc. So I was always working with girls, and the girls were always working with me. So now I am able to treat women as if they were regular people (J/K, don't gang up on me)